Martti Ahtisaari International Doctoral Scholarship Programme
- Year of admission: 2014
- Home country: Pakistan
- Research topic: How multiple strategic orientations impact brand performance of B2B SMEs?
- Main thesis supervisor: Professor Pauliina Ulkuniemi
Master of Science in Marketing
- University of Strathclyde, 16 Richmond St Glasgow G1 1XQ, UK.
- From September 2009 to November 2010
- Brand management; strategic marketing management; export marketing; supply chain management
Bachelor of Science in Textile Design Technology
- University of Management and Technology, C-II Johar Town Lahore, Pakistan.
- From January 2004 to December 2008
- Textile production technologies and management
Previous work experience:
Research and Teaching Assistant
- Department of Marketing, University of Oulu.
- From January 2015 to June 2015.
- Teaching assistance for course of brand management, taught to post-graduate students.
- Course curriculum planning, preparation of course material.
- Assessment of students’ exam, presentation and group projects.
- Delivered one lecture on the topic: ‘role of brand and market orientations in brand management’.
- Department of Management Science, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Vehari, Pakistan.
- From August 2011 to September 2013.
- Worked as full time, and independently taught courses to undergraduate and postgraduate students. Taught courses are: Fundamentals of Marketing, and Marketing Theory and Practices.
- I have arranged workshops, seminars and industry visits for enhanced learning students.
- I was also responsible for some administrative task.
Assistant Manager of Export Marketing
- Softwood Textiles, Lahore.
- From February 2008 to September 2009.
- This company manufactures and export clothing to European fashion retailers.
- I was responsible for sales and marketing to current export customers of denim wear and win new export customers.
Journal publications and conference papers:
Anees-ur-Rehman, M., Wong, H. Y., and Hossain, M. (2016). The Progression of Brand Orientation Literature in Twenty Years: A Systematic Literature Review. Journal of Brand Management, doi:10.1057/s41262-016-0008-2.
Hossain, M. and Anees-ur-Rehman, M. (2016). Open Innovation: An Analysis of Twelve Years of Research. Strategic Outsourcing: An International Journal, 9(1), 22-37
Anees-ur-Rehman, M. (2014). Clarifying the brand orientation construct for business-to-business sector. International Journal of Business and Management, 9 (12), 62-73
Anees-ur-Rehman, M. (2014). Essentials for establishing brand orientation in internal and external environment: an insight for business-to-business sector. Advances in Business-Related Scientific Research Conference 2014 Milan Italy
Anees-ur-Rehman, M. (2012). What makes brand extension successful: an empirical study of direct and indirect effect? European Journal of Business and Social Sciences, 1(4), 76-98
Manuscripts under review:
Anees-ur-Rehman, M. and Johnston, W.J. How multiple strategic orientations impact brand equity of B2B SME? (Journal of Brand Management)
Anees-ur-Rehman, M., Saraniemi, S., Ulkuniemi, P. and Hurmelinna-Laukkanen,P. Brand performance of B2B SMEs under strategic hybrid orientation. (Journal of Product and Brand Management)
Anees-ur-Rehman, M., Wong, H.Y. Sultan, P. and Merrilees,B. How does brand-oriented strategy affect financial performance of B2B SMEs? (Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing)