Research in Global Business and Economics
Martti Ahtisaari Institute focuses on challenges of sustainable and responsible businesses, as well as functioning of the global markets and economy as a whole. The goal of the institute´s research and development activities is to produce new scientifically rigorous and relevant knowledge and foster innovations.
There are currently two joint professorships in the institute:
- Professor of digital service business, Timo Koivumäki (VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland and University of Oulu)
- Research professor of energy economy, Maria Kopsakangas-Savolainen (Finnish Environment Institute and University of Oulu)
- Research professor of connected health, Minna Pikkarainen (VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland and University of Oulu, funded also by the city of Oulu)
Research groups and doctoral researchers
The institute provides funds in its target area for selected research groups. Each group will get partial funding for its activities for a three-year period of time. The following research groups were selected for the ongoing period 2016-2018:
- Energy Economics (Rauli Svento)
- Futuralis - Future Digital Business (Petri Ahokangas)
- Innovation Appropriability and Appropriation (Pia Hurmelinna-Laukkanen)
- SHARP - Sensing and Shaping Service Business Relationships (Pauliina Ulkuniemi)
- Sustainable Corporate Governance (Juha-Pekka Kallunki)
The institute also supports doctoral research in business and economic sciences, through Martti Ahtisaari International Doctoral Scholarship Programme, for which several researchers are selected annually.
Research and development projects
The insitute carries out research and development activities in several domestic and international joint projects.